1. Install wamp server with Apache.
2. Install the latest Windows release of ActivePerl (www.activestate.com) to C:\wamp\bin\perl.
NOTE: The default location for Perl is C:\Perl64. We recommend installing it in the wamp server folders for simplicity. If you choose to install it elsewhere, you will need to modify step 5 to point to your location.
3. Configure httpd.conf on Wamp server (WampServer) for Perl (before making changes to this file, make a back up file in case you need to revert):
a. Open C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf\httpd.conf, file which is your apache configuration file.
b. Look for, Directory “c:/wamp/www/”, and under this line look for and replace:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
This will activate Perl for your Wamp server (WampServer), so you can run Perl scripts.
c. Look for and replace:
#AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
This will activate the AddHandler for cgi and pl. These are common, so enable them.
d. Look for and replace:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm
DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm index.cgi index.pl
Apache executes these in the respective order; if it doesn’t find index.php it will look for index.php3 than index.html and so on.
e. Save the file and then restart the server.
4. Place the Remark Web Survey scripts in C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\cgi-bin. (Note: 2.4.9 is the version number and may vary slightly.)
5. Edit the first line of rws5.pl, rwsad5.pl, rwsimg5.pl and rwstest5.pl to: #!C:/wamp/bin/perl/bin/perl.exe (note the forward slashes).
NOTE: This location depends on where you installed Perl. This is the location specified in step 2. If you chose a different location, enter that location here.
6. Create a place to store Remark Web Survey web forms: C:\wamp\www\forms. (This is a suggested directory. We advise using a different directory than the CGI bin, which is the default.)
7. Run Remark Web Survey: http://localhost/cgi-bin/rwsad5.pl.
8. Change the password as prompted (the default password is rws).
9. Click Server Setup and enter the following Default form directory: C:/wamp/www/forms. This is based on the form directory set up in step 6. Also turn off Enable CGI for form directions.
You have completed set up the Remark Web Survey scripts on wamp server. Please note that the Remark Web Survey test script may still report errors about permissions and the top line of the scripts, but if the scripts are functioning, you can ignore these warnings. You now need to provide the Admin and Data script URLs to your Remark Web Survey users to enter into their designer software in order to build web forms. The script locations likely use a different server name than "localhost"; this information is known internally to your organization and Gravic personnel would not be privy to it.
Article ID: 206
Created On: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Last Updated On: Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Online URL: https://support.gravic.com/remark/kb/article/installing-remark-web-survey-scripts-on-wamp-server-apache-for-windows-206.html