Scanning Answer Keys
Want to see this feature in action? Click here for a how-to video: https://vimeo.com/226474899/62e3849a17
Before a test can be graded you need to have an answer key. You can print a blank answer key when you print student answer sheets and then bubble in the correct answers. Scan the answer key with the student tests and then upload the file to Remark Test Grading Cloud.
- Start out in the class that has the test you would like to grade. If you do not have a test created yet, click “New Test” at the top of the page. Then, create your test.
- Then, click “View” for the test you would like to open. For this test, you should have no answer key yet.
- When you get to the Test page, click “Print Tests” at the top of the page.
- You are directed to the “Distribute Tests” page. Here is where you can email the answer sheets out to students (if enabled), or download them to print. You then have to decide whether to print an answer key, how many blank copies of the answer sheets you would like, and which student-specific answer sheets you would like to print.
- To print an answer key that you will fill out and scan with the completed tests, check the box that reads “Include answer key”. This prints a blank copy of the test for you to fill in the correct answers.
- When you have selected all of the students and blank answer sheet copies you want to print, select “Download Answer Sheets”.
- This directs you to a PDF of all the answer sheets you selected to be printed. You will notice the first page is the blank Answer Key, the middle pages are the student sheets, and that last pages are however many blank sheets you selected to print (if any). You can either save this PDF file, or print it directly from Remark Test Grading Cloud Edition. Please Note: For multiple answer keys, you will have one blank answer sheet for each separate answer key that you will fill in.
- Once you have printed your answer sheets, you may fill in your corresponding answer key.
- Once you receive the completed tests from students, you can start grading them in Remark Test Grading Cloud Edition. First scan them to an image file (PDF, TIF, PNG or JPG), ensuring that you also scan your filled-in answer key.
- To start the grading process, click “Grade Tests” in the top right corner of the “Test” page.
- This will take you to the “Grade Tests” page. Here you can import your scanned test images.
- Using any scanner, you can scan individual files or one big file of all of your test images. Remark Test Grading Cloud Edition supports TIF, PDF, JPG and PNG image formats. You can do this on a desktop scanner or with a multi-function printer (MFP). Be sure to scan the tests to a location where you can then access them to upload the file to Remark Test Grading Cloud. You can also put the scanned image file in Google Drive and pull it from there. Keep in mind, your answer sheets do not have to be in any particular order.
- Click the purple box under “Test Images” to select your test image files, or drag your files directly into that box from any folder.
- When you have your files selected, you will see the names listed in the box on the right side of the page. When you have selected all the appropriate files, select “Upload Tests”.
- Your images start processing and you are redirected back to the “Test” page. You will see that all of your student scores have been filled in and any exceptions are flagged with a red number. You will also notice at the top of the page that your Answer Key has been completed, signaled by the green check under the status. Here you can edit or delete your answer key by clicking the “pencil” or “trashcan” icon on the right hand side.
- From this point on, you can review your data and run reports.
Article ID: 243
Created On: Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Last Updated On: Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM
Online URL: https://support.gravic.com/remark/kb/article/scanning-answer-keys-243.html