Grading Tests by Email
You may grade any test simply by emailing it to Remark Test Grading Cloud. This feature is particularly useful if you have a multi-function copier (MFP) that can scan to email. Simply set up the MFP with a scan to email function that sends the tests to Remark, and then receive data and reports back.
Tests can be scanned in the TIF, PDF, JPG or PNG formats. We recommend the TIF format, as it is a native image format and processes more quickly. Tests should always be scanned in black and white (not grayscale or color) and at a resolution of 300 DPI (dots per inch).
Your administrator must allow emailing in the account settings before you can use this feature.
To email tests:
- Have your IT department set up your MFP with a scan to email function that sends tests to "firstname.lastname@example.org." The part that comes before the "@" can be anything. Example: email@example.com.
- Ensure that your Remark Test Grading Cloud administrator has enabled email in the account settings. Also have them enable the data and reports that should be available to teachers. Please see this article for reference.
- Log into Remark Test Grading Cloud, click your Name and choose Settings.
- Click Email Permissions on the left.
- If needed, you can update the whitelist. A whitelist is a list of email addresses that are allowed to send you email. By default, your teacher login/email address is allowed. This feature is used to email test answer sheets directly to Remark Test Grading Cloud and have them automatically graded. If there are other email addresses you want to allow, you can enter them here. For example, if you want to work from home and use a gmail email address, you can enter it here. This way if you send test answer sheets to the cloud via this email address, they will be accepted. Generally speaking, you should not have to add anything here if your administrator has set up the MFP for you.
- Choose the reports and/or data files you would like emailed to you once test grading completes. If you do not see a type you need, see your administrator to ensure it is enabled for your account.
- After creating and administering a test, go to the MFP and choose the Scan to Email option created in step 1. Your tests are scanned directly to the cloud and graded. The data and reports you chose in your settings are emailed to you, along with a summary report. Note that you may also log into the application and review your tests.
If you do not have an MFP, you can also scan your filled in tests and email them yourself using your email client and the same steps above (e.g. Outlook).
Article ID: 263
Created On: Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:27 AM
Last Updated On: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:53 PM
Online URL: https://support.gravic.com/remark/kb/article/grading-tests-by-email-263.html